We did it!!!! 200 families were helped in 2016 and we are off and running in 2017. Saturday 1/7 will be our first drop off day of the new year. See our needed items below. Our first family helped will be on Sunday 1/8. Happy New Year!!!!!
- Saturday 1/7 – 10a-1p. Drop Off Day – We need volunteers to staff the warehouse for sorting and organizing and helping donors with their drop off items.
- Saturday 1/7 – 10a-1p. We need volunteers to help a client who is coming to the warehouse to pick out the things he needs.
- Saturday 1/7 – 10a-1p – We need a driver and volunteers to do pickups in Avon.
- Sunday 1/8 – 10am-1p – We need a driver and volunteers to make a delivery in Hartford.
THANK YOU – WE DID IT!!!!!
It came down to the last 12 hours but we completed delivery 199 on Friday 12/30 and then delivery 200 at noon on New Year’s Eve. 200 families including 49 veterans were helped in 2016 by A Hand Up. That is an accomplishment we should all be proud of. We are off and running for a great 2017 as well.
HOUSEHOLD DONATION NEEDS:
- Kitchen tables and chairs
- Twin/Full sheet sets
- Full size blankets/comforters
- Bath towels
- Sauce & frying pans,
- Small appliances. Coffee makers, toasters, blenders, microwaves
- Drinking glasses (glass or plastic) – 6 or 8 oz size – no stemware, mugs or other barware