Our usual 3rd Sunday (April 16 – Easter) drop-off day has been rescheduled to Saturday April 15. We are also having a Spring Tag Sale. Come on down and drop off your donations and maybe even find something to take home with you from Tag Sale. Sometimes we end up with items our clients don’t need like a nice Weber grill or fine china. There are several chairs, mirrors, pictures, blankets, desks, shelves, even a grandfather clock. Make us an offer and support A Hand Up along the way. Many items are FREE.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Please email us at email@example.com with the date and time you can attend along with your contact number
- Saturday 4/15 10a-1p – We are looking for volunteers to staff the warehouse for our drop off day and our spring Tag Sale. We also need a driver to pick up some donations in West Hartford.
- Sunday 4/16 – Happy Easter. No activities planned.
- Monday 4/17 1p-3p – We are looking for a driver to work with our ASD students to make a delivery in Hartford.
THANK YOU – 4 days in a row last week!
- Thursday 4/6 – Todd P and Mike F made a rare Thursday delivery to Patrick in Hartford on the 4th floor (ugh but felt good to help). Then Todd headed out with some ASD students to pick up some donations in West Hartford.
- Friday 4/7 – Jim Ligas and 6 students from the University of Hartford made a delivery to a single mom and her 4 kids on “Helping Hawks Day!!!”
- Saturday 4/8 – Alan H, Matt and Andy scored 2 deliveries on Saturday to 2 different families and then stopped by our local furniture store and picked up 5 twin mattress sets. Talk about being efficient.
- Sunday 4/9 – Michael Fishman, along with his sons, Eric & Jeremy were joined by Ivan, Matt, Andy & Robby for a delivery to 2 people in Hartford. With all that help, the delivery was made in almost record time, considering it was on the 3rd floor. Thanks to the Northwest Catholic High School boys who helped out.
- End tables and coffee tables
- Twin Sheet sets and comforters
- Lamps with shades (small and large)
- Kitchen tables and chairs