The warehouse is 99% full. Let’s push it to over 100% with your donations on our Saturday 5/6 Drop Off Day from 10a-1p. Just as fast as we get it to 100% we will drop the inventory with the 4 clients we want to help over the weekend. Come join us!!!!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time you can attend along with your contact number
- Saturday 5/6 10a-1p – We are looking for a warehouse lead and volunteers to greet donors and help 2 clients who are coming into pick up the furniture they need.
- Saturday 5/6 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to go to Simsbury and collect from 4 donors.
- Sunday 5/7 10a-1p – Dave H is looking for some help to make a delivery to a single gentleman in East Hartford. Please come help Dave out.
- Saturday 4/29 – Alan H along with Ivan, Valentino, Larry, and Rushi helping for 2 pickups in Avon. We got a large number of end tables & lamps, two beds, and an unusual “folding” kitchen table. We had to reschedule the 3rd pickup because we had to to get the truck back to the warehouse for Tom O and the St. John Fisher youth ministry to head out to the church to empty the basement of donated items. Now you can see why we are near 100% capacity.
- Saturday 4/29 – Thanks to all of our board members, volunteers, guests and our host Hooker Brewery for a very successful fundraiser. Over 100 people enjoyed supporting A Hand Up.
- Sunday 4/30 – Once again Mike F reported that we had a good number of Northwest Catholic students (Marcelino, Ru shi & Yezhi) on the delivery as well as Matt Keeley and his mom Marge who drove and brought along first time volunteers Kristin and Emily. We helped fill an almost empty apartment for a mom and her 2 young children in Hartford. The apartment was crowded, but we managed to fit everything in. With all the help,we were done in practically no time.
- Monday 5/1 – Susan K and our favorite Monday helpers from ASD has an easy delivery. The client even had 3 friends to help which is always a welcome surprise.
DONATIONS NEEDED – Even at near 100% capacity we can always use your donations. Right now our most urgent needs are:
- Twin Sheet sets and comforters
- Small appliances
- Coffee and end tables