Our warehouse is full but that isn’t stopping us. We are planning 2 deliveries on Saturday 5/13 since we are all going to be celebrating with Mom on Mother’s Day.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time you can attend along with your contact number
- Saturday 5/13 10a-1p – Alan H is looking for volunteers to help him with a delivery to a gentleman in Hartford and then another delivery to a Mom and her three kids in East Hartford.
- Sunday 5/14 – Happy Mother’s Day!!!
- Saturday 5/6 – Jim R and Sam P manned the warehouse during our drop off day. They did some much needed cleaning out and reorganizing to use up ever last inch of space in the very full warehouse. While they did that Alan H, Lionel, Ivan and Matt picked up some nice things at 4 different donors in Simsbury. The warehouse is packed.
- Sunday 5/7 – Dave H along with Margie K, her daughter and a friend and Marcelino from NWC all headed over the river to East Hartford for their delivery. The jarring thing about this delivery is that our client graduated from Hall High in 2014 bringing this right into our own backyard. Dave H went the extra mile making a second trip back to her to get her a bed frame. Thanks Dave and team.
- Monday 5/8 – Todd P and the ASD team made a delivery in Hartford to a young man that only had an air mattress and a clock radio. He was very appreciative of A Hand Up because he now has a fully furnished apartment.
DONATIONS NEEDED – since we are so full we are limiting donations for a couple weeks. We will still take:
- Small appliances
- Small kitchen table and chairs