The weather is heating up and we hope our volunteer activity will too. It’s been pretty quiet the past couple weeks and we still have a lot of people who need our help. Cancelling just 1 delivery can put us a week behind. A couple hours of your time each month can help out so much.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time you can attend along with your contact number.
- Saturday 6/10 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers for a delivery to a single gentleman in Hartford who moved into his apartment on March 2nd and still needs the basic household goods.
- Sunday 6/11 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers for a delivery to a single mom and her 4 kids in Hartford. She moved in March and still needs 2 twin beds for her kids.
- Saturday 6/3 – Chuck manned the warehouse to greet 3 donors and made some valuable furniture repairs while Alan and Mike headed out for 4 stops at donors houses. That’s a lot of houses to visit.
- Sunday 6/4 – Todd made a delivery all alone but got lucky since the client who lived on the 3rd floor walkup was once a professional mover. That both got a great workout that morning.
DONATIONS NEEDED – No more couches please but we still need:
- Dressers (we only have 1 in the warehouse)
- Twin blankets and comforters
- Kitchen tables and chairs
- Air conditioners and fans