Happy Thanksgiving! Let’s take advantage of all those college students home for holiday and make some clients happy with deliveries Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. If you don’t want to do any heavy lifting we could also use help putting kitchen/dish/silverware sets together at the warehouse. Let us know when you can help.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Please email us at email@example.com with the date and time you can attend along with your contact number
- Friday 11/24 10-1 – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to make a delivery to a mother and her 3 children in New Britain.
- Saturday 11/25 10-1 – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to make a delivery to mother and her 2 children in East Hartford.
- Sunday 11/26 – 10-1 – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to make a delivery to a single gentleman in Hartford.
- Monday 11/27 1-3 – We are looking for a driver to work with the ASD students to a mother and child in West Hartford.
- Wednesday 11/15 – Thank you Jim L for opening the warehouse to serve a Veteran and helping pack up the items they needed.
- Saturday 11/18 – Thanks to our big group of volunteers: Jim L, Kristi and the students of NWC, Alan H and new volunteers Daniel G and his stepson. There was warehouse organization, furniture fixup, a delivery and a donor pickup all completed on the same day.
- Sunday 11/19 – Todd P, Angus from NWC and Ivan made the rounds on donor drop off day to fill the truck with donations from West Hartford and Avon. Returning volunteer Steve M staffed the warehouse for the first time alone and did some fix ups. Then we had some donors who missed Steve and left their items outside (per our instruction) and Sue K and her son made a evening trip to the warehouse to bring all those items inside.
- Monday 11/20 – Todd met the VA at the warehouse and then went out on a delivery with the students from ASD. Unfortunately the client cancelled last minute so Todd made sure the students still helped unloading the truck and also setting it up for the 11/24 delivery.
DONATIONS NEEDED – We are out of Pots and Pans. Maybe you got new ones to prepare Thanksgiving and we’d be happy to use your old ones.
- Twin and Full size blankets and comforters
- Lamps with shades (small and large)
- Kitchen tables and chairs (we have no kitchen chairs)
- Coffee tables