We are trying to end the year on a high note. Just a couple hours of your time can make the holidays and new year so much brighter for those in need. This week’s note includes volunteer requests for the next 2 weekends to give you ample time to plan around all the wonderful activities we get to do with friends and family this time of year. If you can’t donate your time we will gladly substitute it with comforter and pot and pans donations. Happy Holidays!!!!!
- Saturday 12/23 10a-1p – Susan K will drive but needs some helpers to meet a client at the warehouse and then make a delivery.
- Sunday 12/24 10a-1p – Susan K will drive (again) but needs some helpers to meet a client at the warehouse and then make a delivery.
- Saturday 12/30 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to meet a client at the warehouse and then make a delivery.
- Sunday 12/31 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to make a delivery (number 169 for 2017)
- Saturday 12/16 – Sam P, Alan H and Jim R were masters of productivity by meeting a client at the warehouse and then making 2 deliveries. Then on the way back to the warehouse picked up a sofa, hassock and bean bag chair from a friend on the way back. But that wasn’t all then they went and picked up 3 new twin bed sets and 4 bed frames. That is a busy Saturday!!!!
- Sunday 12/17 – Michael F staffed donor day but when Dave H and Ivan heard about how great Saturday went they simple dismissed it as child’s play. This dynamic duo made 4 donor pickups in West Hartford and Simsbury and there was so much great stuff that their day lasted 4.5 hours. That’s a single day record for hours given in 2017.
- Bed Frames
- Twin Sheet sets and comforters
- Kitchen tables and chairs
- Pots and Pans