THANK YOU to all of our volunteers, our president Michael Fishman and all of our generous donors for a successful 2017!!!! Without your help 165 individuals and families would not have an empty apartment turned into a comfortable home!!!!!
But we won’t spend much time celebrating 2017 since there is just as much work to do in 2018. It is our sincere hope that one day we will have volunteers and donors waiting around to serve because the client wait list will be zero and homelessness will be extinct. Until that time we are pressing forward with just as much effort as ever before.
So please come out and help this weekend with serving clients or bringing donations in for our Donor Day on Saturday 1/6 between 10a-1p at our warehouse at 93 Talcott Rd in West Hartford.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time you can attend along with your contact number
- Saturday 1/6 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to make 2 donor pickups to prop up our low inventory.
- Saturday 1/6 10a-1p – We are looking for a warehouse lead to meet donors and a client picking up the items they need.
- Sunday 1/7 10a-1p – Dave H is driving but he needs help making our first delivery of the year to a mother and child in Hartford.
- Monday 1/8 1p-3p – Todd P and the students from ASD are meeting a client at the warehouse and then heading off for a delivery.
DONATIONS NEEDED – We are running very low on most items:
- Twin Sheet sets and comforters
- Kitchen tables and chairs
- Small appliances
- Bed frames