Our warehouse got very empty over the new year and what better way to fill it up than with a donor drop off day on Sunday 1/21 from 10a-1p at our warehouse at 93 Talcott Rd in West Hartford. But that’s only after a delivery on Saturday 1/20. So please come out and help.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Please email us at email@example.com with the date and time you can attend along with your contact number
- Saturday 1/20 10a-1p– We are looking for a driver and volunteers to join Lionel A on a delivery to a mother and her 7 year old daughter in Hartford. And it’s a rare first floor apartment!!!!!
- Sunday 1/21 10a-1p – It’s donor drop off day so we are looking for a warehouse lead to greet the donors and make up some dish sets.
- Sunday 1/21 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to make 4 donor pickups to fill up our empty warehouse.
- Monday 1/22 1p-3p – Todd P and our ASD team head out on 3 donor pickups to continue to fill the warehouse.
- Saturday 1/13 – Alan H reported that the day went well thanks to Luke and Jackson. Sheri appreciated the delivery to her completely empty apartment in spite of our limited inventory. Kudos to Jackson – we forgot one of the pillows, but he volunteered to bring another one by as he lives in the area. They also met a client at the warehouse. Just something of note. He was a 94 year old veteran with help from his family. That goes to show that homelessness does not care how old you are.
- Sunday – 1/14 – Mike F and his volunteer team attempted 2 deliveries but unfortunately 1 client wasn’t home. However Jose did get the things he needed. He was relocated here from storm ravaged Puerto Rico and gave our team an education on what it has been like there. A Hand Up has served several families from Puerto Rico over the past 2 months.
- Monday 1/15 – St James’s Church annual visit to AHU went very well. Sam P coordinated the efforts of Ted Newton, The Sherrills (Mike, Hillary, Claire and Nora) and the triumphant return of Chuck Russo!! Mike, Ted and Sam made three stops and collected two dressers, four upholstered chairs, one recliner, one loveseat, one nightstand and some miscellaneous kitchenware. While we were out collecting furniture Hillary, Claire, Nora and Chuck made dish sets. They also made sets of sheets from all the bags of linens in the linen room and did some light reorganization in there. Thank you St. James’s Church.
- Twin Sheet sets and comforters
- Lamps with shades (small and large)
- Kitchen tables and chairs
- End/Coffee tables