Our delivery turnaround times are now less than a month. One client this weekend will have only waited 9 days. But we need your help to ensure we keep the turnaround times low. Every missed delivery can push out our other clients in need a week or more so please come out and help.
- Saturday 2/10 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to meet a client at the warehouse for the items she needs and then head out on a delivery to a grandmother and 2 grandkids in Hartford.
- Sunday 2/11 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to make a delivery to a family of five in Hartford.
- Monday 2/12 1p-3p – Todd and the ASD team are making a delivery to a veteran in East Hartford.
- Saturday 2/3 – Michael F reported that the Saturday drop off day was great with 4 donor drop-offs. We also had Sheila and new volunteer Aimee tackling the huge pile of boxes on the drop off table. Sue K came to straighten out the linen area. We also had 3 new NWC students come to do their service project. Injun went with Alan on 4 donor pickups while Owen and Daniel helped reorganize the warehouse. It’s great to see some new faces helping out.
- Sunday 2/4 – Sam P tells us that he had a dream delivery after a nightmare start when he forgot the keys to the warehouse but Michael F came down to save the day The team was comprised of veterans Steve, Ivan, Margie, Matt, Kristin and Emily. We delivered furniture for the bedroom and the living room. The building had an elevator so it was easy getting up and down the second floor. The client, James, was very grateful. It turns out he sent to Hall High in the 70’s and was a standout basketball player. He had the trophies in his apartment to prove it.
- Twin Sheet sets and comforters
- Lamps with shades (small and large)
- Kitchen tables and chairs