The warehouse is overflowing and we need your help to organize it to make room for donor day items this Saturday 5/5 and 2 deliveries on Sunday and Monday.
- Saturday 5/5 10a-1p – We are looking for several volunteers to staff the warehouse for donor drop off day. We have an incredible amount of sorting to do.
- Saturday 5/5 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to do 3 donor pickups in West Hartford, Avon and Farmington.
- Sunday 5/6 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to make a delivery.
- Monday 5/7 1p-3p – Todd P and ASD are making a delivery.
- Saturday 4/28 – Saturday went off without a hitch. We had 3 NWC helpers (Patrick, Mishi & Shelly) & Ivan did the delivery to Hartford. It was a small apartment (studio), but we managed to fit in a lot of stuff.
- Sunday 4/29 – Sam P happily reports that we had two great deliveries on Sunday. The team from St. James’s Church included Matt S, Jeannie and Kate D, Paul and Emily M, and Sam’s daughter Lucy. The first client needed a lot of stuff for his apartment and we set him up with a twin bedroom set, a sweet sectional, kitchen table and 2 chairs, microwave and everything he needs to cook and eat with. He was very grateful to graduate from an air mattress and two folding chairs for furniture. Maritza’s apartment was two floors down from Paul and she got a dresser, sofa, kitchen table and 4 chairs, coffee table, end table, a couple of lamps and some other items. While we were making our deliveries, Chuck Russo came in and put in three plus hours of work fixing furniture. Good to have him back in the shop.
- Monday 4/30 – Todd P and ASD ended the month on a high note with a very happy client delivery.
DONATIONS NEEDED – We are suspending donations for a couple weeks in order to clear out some warehouse space.