Thank you to everyone who came out to our fundraiser on 5/12. It was small but successful nonetheless. Now let’s put that fundraising to work with 2 deliveries and it’s donor drop off day on Sunday from 10a-1p.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Please email us at email@example.com with the date and time you can attend along with your contact number
- Saturday 5/19 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to make a delivery to a single mother in Glastonbury.
- Sunday 5/20 10a-1p – We are looking for a warehouse lead to greet donors and put together dish set boxes.
- Sunday 5/20 10a-1p – We are looking for a driver and volunteers to do 4 donor pickups in West Hartford and Bloomfield.
- Monday 5/21 – Todd P and ASD are delivering in Hartford.
- Saturday 5/12 – Sam P reports that both deliveries on Saturday went great. The crew was Ivan, Alan, Parker from NWC and me. Sandra was waiting for us at 10:00 and we loaded up her pickup with furniture and other household items. We then loaded the truck for the trip to Roberto and Jenny’s apt. They had two empty rooms that we filled with furniture and other items for their kitchen. Roberto helped us unload and they were both very grateful for what they received.
- Sunday 5/13 – Dave H tells us Sunday’s delivery to Barbara went off without a hitch – or a kitchen table! First floor living is our favorite. Deliveries like this are quick and easy. We did deliver four kitchen chairs and a card table which might be the only thing that would fit in her tiny apartment. Thanks to Steve, Mish, and Angus who were on the spot to get everything on the truck and into her apartment.
- Monday 5/14 – Todd P and the ASD students broke a sweat delivering a full household of furniture to a 3rd floor walkup and down a long hallway. We turned an empty apartment into a home.
- Tuesday 5/15 – Thank you to Sheila W for opening the warehouse for the VA and also to do some desperately needed sorting.
- Twin Sheet sets and comforters
- Lamps with shades (small and large)
- Kitchen tables and chairs