June 4th – June 10th
Happy Monday Journey Home and A Hand Up Volunteers
this is our 8th Weekly Update from Journey Home
and our Making a House a Home Program!
Last week we…
…Made 5 Deliveries
…Received 3 Furniture Requests
…Picked up donated furniture at
2 locations in Greater Hartford
…Met 3 clients and 2 case managers at storage to pick up items
…Had our 4th Home Makeover for a
mother and daughter this Saturday, they were so excited
and it really showed in our live stream on Facebook! Check it out!
Thank you to …
- Todd and Alison for their work delivering to two clients on Thursday!
- Matt, Rob, and Todd for their help on Friday organizing, loading the truck, and delivering to one client on Friday!
- Alan, Casey, Sherry, the Pinette Family, Todd, Hannah, Sherri Schwartz, and the rest of the Coldwell Banker Team of West Hartford for all of their help with our Home Makeover on Saturday
- And last but not least, to Bob, Jim, and Steve for volunteering for Sunday which unfortunately we weren’t able to keep on the schedule! Hopefully next weekend we can get back to our two move-in days!!
VOLUNTEER’S NEEDED THIS WEEK…
- Thursday (6/14) from 9am-12pm – delivery and organizing at storage
- Friday (6/15) from 9am-12pm – delivery and loading truck for Saturday
- Saturday (6/16) from 10-1 – delivery to at least 1 client – Driver and Volunteers Needed!
- Sunday (6/17) 10-1 – A Fathers Day drop off day (donations are brought right to storage) and donor pick up day! We need your help!! Driver, Warehouse Coordinator, and Volunteers Needed!
Contact Alison Scharr
for more information, when you would like to volunteer, and our new partnership with A Hand Up
! We are very excited to see this program grow!
- Kitchen Tables and Chairs
- End Tables