July 10th – July 15th
Journey Home and A Hand Up Volunteers
this is our 14th Weekly Update from Journey Home
and our Making a House a Home Program!
Last week we…
…Made 3 Deliveries
…Received 3 Furniture Requests
…Picked up donated furniture at
3 locations in Greater Hartford
…Met a dozen or so people at storage for our Warehouse Moving Sale!
Thank you to …
- The two Matts (Matt Brewer and Matthew Cariseo) for their help with a pick up in West Hartford on Tuesday.
- Matt C and Todd for their help with two pick ups in Newington and Glastonbury on Wednesday, where despite having an elevator we had quite the workout!
- Adrian, Kurt, Sabrina, Harrison, Alan, and Ted for volunteering on Saturday and delivering to 3 clients!
- Michael, Julie, and Ryan for their help on Sunday with the moving sale! Such a great success with donations coming in and items going out that were not needed for our clients!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS WEEK… LOTS TO DO!!
- Tuesday (7/17) from 9am-12pm – Pick up in Simsbury with at least one delivery after!
- Wednesday (7/18) from 9am-12am – Pick up in West Hartford and Farmington!
- Thursday (7/19) from 9am-12am – Pick up in Wethersfield and at least one delivery after!
- Friday (7/20) from 10-11:30 – We need help delivering furniture for our next Home Makeover in Hartford from the Warehouse! (Driver and Volunteers Needed).
- Saturday (7/21) from 10-1 – We will be delivering to 2-4 clients in Greater Hartford, Driver and Volunteers Needed!
- Sunday (7/22) from 10-1 – We are having a delivery day and also a Moving Sale to help us clear things out for the move to the new warehouse!
- Free Items available (Donations Appreciated) – Driver, Volunteers, and Warehouse Sale Volunteers Needed!
REMINDER: Click here to sign up to volunteer between Now and December!
Contact Alison Scharr
with any comments, questions, or concerns!!
- Kitchen Tables and Chairs
- End Tables
- Coffee Tables