July 24th – July 29nd
16th Weekly Update from Journey Home
and our Making a House a Home Program!
Last week we…
…Made 9 Deliveries
…Received 5 Furniture Requests
…Picked up donated furniture at
3 locations in Greater Hartford
…Had another warehouse moving sale!
Thank you to …
- The students and staff from the American School for the Deaf for their help organizing at the warehouse on Monday!
- Gretchen, Rachel, and Kyle for their help with deliveries on Tuesday
- The Team from CarMax for helping with two pick ups in Farmington on Wednesday
- Todd, Matt B, and Otis for their help on Thursday with deliveries!
- Alan, Mishi, Angus, Bob, and Sam for their help with deliveries on Saturday!
- Dave, Ivan, and Fabricio for their help with deliveries on Sunday and Julie, Alison, Christina, and her two kids for their help with the warehouse sale on Sunday!!
It was a great week, a lot of key pieces went out and donations came in thanks to the warehouse sale!! Thank you for all of your help!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS WEEK…
- Tuesday (7/31) from 9-12 – Deliveries in Vernon and Manchester (possible)
- Thursday (8/2) from 9-12 – Deliveries and Organizing at the warehouse!
- Saturday (8/4) from 10-1 – Drop off day and deliveries! (Driver, Warehouse Lead, and Volunteers Needed)
- Sunday (8/5) from 10-1 – Deliveries and Organizing at Warehouse (Driver and Volunteers Needed – let us know what type of volunteering, deliveries or organizing, you would like to do!
Contact Alison Scharr
with any comments, questions, or concerns!!
- Moving Boxes and Packing Materials
- Kitchen Tables and Chairs
- End Tables
- Coffee Tables