July 30th – August 5th
17th Weekly Update from Journey Home
and our Making a House a Home Program!
Last week we…
…Made 6 Deliveries
…Received 8 Furniture Requests
…Picked up donated furniture at
1 location in Greater Hartford
…Had 1 donor drop off items at the warehouse!
Thank you to …
- Todd and the students and staff from the American School for the Deaf for their help with a big delivery to Gillett Street on Monday.
- Matt and Rob for their help on Tuesday.
- Rob for his help with a pick up on Thursday.
Unfortunately Saturday’s pickups were canceled due to the reports of thunder and lightning storms, and Sunday we were not able to get enough volunteers!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS WEEK…
- Thursday (8/9) from 9-12 – Driver to go with some of the Conard High Football Team to help with deliveries.
- Saturday (8/11) from 10-1 – Driver and Volunteers Needed for Deliveries and Organizing at the warehouse!
- Sunday (8/12) from 10-1 – Deliveries and Organizing at Warehouse (Driver and Volunteers Needed!)
*Planning Ahead (Next Weeks Volunteer Opportunities)*
- Tuesday (8/14) – Friday (8/17) 9-12 – Join Todd in some needed pickups, deliveries, and organizing in preparation for the Warehouse Move which tentatively will be August 15th, no lease signed yet!)
- Saturday (8/18) 10-1 – Driver and Volunteers Needed – Deliveries to Clients or Transporting Items from Old Warehouse to New
- Sunday (8/19) 10-1 – Pick ups Scheduled! Driver and Volunteers Needed!
Click here to sign up to volunteer for all
Contact Alison Scharr
with any comments, questions, or concerns!!
- Moving Boxes and Packing Materials!