September 17th – September 23rd
23rd Weekly Update from Journey Home
and our Making a House a Home Program!
In the last week we…
…Received 4 Furniture Requests
…Picked up donated furniture at 9
locations in Greater Hartford
…Delivered furniture and household
goods to 10 clients in need!!!
…Had 1 day of service with The Hartford with
another day of service coming up with Travelers on Friday!
Thank you to …
- Wednesday 9/19 – The Hartford volunteers for their help with a delivery to a client in the North End of Hartford, as well as to Todd and the students at the American School for the Deaf for helping with pick ups Wednesday afternoon.
- Thursday 9/20 – Rob, Todd, Matt, Debbie, and Alison for their help with pickups and deliveries in Hartford.
- Friday 9/21 – CT River Valley School in East Hartford for their help putting together bags of games and books to families in need.
- Saturday 9/22 – Thank you to Sue Kayuem for driving, Michael for saving the day after the warehouse keys were hiding, Breah, Kathryn, Kyle, and his group of volunteers through Trinity College for helping with 3 deliveries in Hartford!
- Sunday 9/23 – Thank you to Alison for Driving, to Christina, Kathryn (2 days in a row!!) Andrienne, Kim, and Jeremy for volunteering for two deliveries, as well as Fabricio and Araceli for stopping by to help at the warehouse! We greatly appreciate it!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS WEEK…
- Thursday (9/27) – 9am-12pm – Join Alison for pickups and deliveries in the Hartford area!
- Saturday (9/29) – 10am-1pm – Driver and Volunteers Needed for Deliveries out to our clients.
- Sunday (9/30) – 10am-1pm – Driver and Volunteers Needed for more needed deliveries!!
Click here to sign up to volunteer
for all upcoming opportunities
- End Tables
- Beds (on here twice for twice the importance)