October 29th – November 4th
30th Weekly Update from Journey Home
and our Making a House a Home Program!
In the last week we…
…Received 12 Furniture Requests
…Picked up donated furniture at 8
locations in Greater Hartford
…Delivered furniture and household
goods to 10 clients in need!!!
… 1 donor dropped off items at the warehouse!
Check out our most recent Home Makeover here
Thank you to …
- Monday 10/29 – Matt Brewer helped Alison with 2 pick ups!
- Tuesday 10/30- Debbie, Matt D, Danny, Todd, and Futures Volunteers for helping with deliveries to clients in Hartford!
- Wednesday 10/31 – Rob, who helped Alison with a delivery in the morning, and Todd and the ASD students who helped with a pick up in the afternoon!
- Thursday 11/1 – Thank you to the Futures Students and Danny for their help delivering to 2 clients and picking up for 2 donors!
- Friday 11/2 – Thank you to Matt B. and Matt D. for helping with 3 pickups in West Hartford!
- Saturday 11/3 – A huge thank you and shout out goes to Alan for fixing our windows at the warehouse! Another big big shout out goes to Sherri Schwartz and her team from Coldwell Banker of West Hartford, Kyle and his peers at Trinity College, Brian of West Hartford, Breah from CCSU, and Kathryn from HYPE for all of their help with another successful home makeover!!
- Sunday 11/4 – Thank you to Dave for driving, and to the volunteers Adrian, Kurt and one of their daughters, and to the Conard HS Football Team for all of their help delivering to 2 clients in Hartford! What a great day!!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS WEEK…
- Sunday (11/11) – 10am-1pm – Delivery day! Driver and Volunteers Needed!
No additional help needed on Saturday due to the
Junior League of Hartford helping Saturday morning!
Click here to sign up to volunteer for all upcoming opportunities