November 5th- November 11th
31st Weekly Update from Journey Home
and our Making a House a Home Program!
In the last week we…
…Received 7 Furniture Requests
…Picked up donated furniture at 3
locations in Greater Hartford
…Delivered furniture and household
goods to 8 clients in need!!!
… 2 donor dropped off items at the warehouse!
…1 case manager pick up items for their client!
Thank you to …
- Tuesday 11/6 – Matt D. for helping with a pick up in West Hartford!
- Wednesday 11/7 – Rob, Todd, and ASD students for their help with deliveries on Wednesday!
- Thursday 11/8 – Todd for his help organizing and clearing out the warehouse, as well as Debbie and the team from Futures for their help with deliveries to clients in Hartford!
- Friday 11/9 – Thank you to the Junior League of Hartford volunteers for their help with 1 pick up and 1 delivery before the rains became too heavy!
- Saturday 11/10 – Thank you again to the Junior League of Hartford for their help, this time for 3 deliveries in Hartford to some very happy clients!!
- Sunday 11/11 and Monday 11/12 – Thank you to Michael, Todd, and Alan for their help clearing the last of the items out of the old warehouse, to help complete our transition from 93 Talcott Road, to 635 New Park Ave!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS WEEK…
- Saturday (11/17) – 10am-1pm – Delivery Day! Driver and Volunteers needed!
- Sunday (11/18) – 10am – 1pm – Pick up and Drop off Day, Driver, Volunteers, and Warehouse Coordinator needed!!
Click here to sign up to volunteer for all upcoming opportunities
We will be going back to A Hand Up’s regular pick up/drop off day schedule on the 1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday of the month from 10am-1pm
as well as adding times during the week:
Wednesdays and Fridays (non-holidays) from 12pm-2pm.
Please see the Journey Home website for specifics on what we are accepting for donation at this time!
Feel free to contact Alison at email@example.com
if you have any questions!
These are also times when volunteers can come help organize!
- Kitchen Tables w/ Chairs